Academic Use of the MAC
Beginning October 3, 2014, the MAC will be unavailable for open recreation during specified daytime hours. Following the indefinite closure of Freeborn Hall in June 2014, the classes that would have been held there during the academic year will now be held in the MAC. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and appreciate your understanding and support as we work to support the university’s academic needs.
During fall quarter, the MAC will be unavailable for open recreation on Monday, Wednesday and Friday from opening until 7 p.m. It will still be available for recreational use all day Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday, and after 7 p.m. on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. To view MAC availability, including times it will be closed for classes or in use for specific recreation activities, please see the calendar found here.
The MAC is convertible to badminton, indoor hockey, volleyball, indoor soccer and basketball. When you enter the MAC, be ready to play.
MAC Dimensions & Features
- 110’6” x 82’8”
- 3/4” depth Bio-Cushion maple floor
- 30-foot ceilings
- Suspension flooring
- Inset goals for futsal, indoor soccer or indoor hockey
- Convertible into one full-court basketball court, two full-court volleyball courts, six badminton courts, dodge ball court, or a combination
- Players’ box equipped with team benches and drinking fountains
- BOSE speakers that are connected to the ARC’s internal sound system
- Removable net divider also available
For MAC availability, please refer to the Informal Recreation schedule posted at the MAC or click here.