Attention: Hickey Pool is available for club and organization rentals only. Lap swim has moved to the newly renovated Rec Pool!
Designed for lap swimming, Hickey Pool is heated year-round, featuring seven 25-yard lanes and warm showers. Current students and Campus Recreation members enjoy free access to the pool. Day passes are available and can be purchased online or at the ARC during open hours of operation. Please show your receipt and photo ID to the pool to gain access. Call 530-752-1730 for more information.
A Campus Recreation membership provides access to Hickey Pool for lap swim. A variety of membership options are available; please visit the following page for pricing and information on how to obtain a Campus Recreation Membership.
Hickey Pool Hours
Special Hours and Closures:
Fall Quarter 2019
|November 11 (Veteran's Day)||Monday||noon–2 p.m.|
|November 28–30 (Thanksgiving Holiday)||Thursday - Saturday||Closed|
|December 18–January 1 (Winter Break)||Wednesday - Wednesday||Closed|
Lap Swim will be canceled under the following conditions:
- Lightning and/or Thunder: Closed for 30 minutes after most recent bolt seen or thunder heard.
- Excessive Chlorine: Chlorine levels register above 10.0 ppm and verified with Operations & Maintenance. Chemicals will be checked every 30 minutes thereafter to determine when to reopen.
- Low Chlorine: Chlorine levels register under 1.0 ppm and verified with Operations & Maintenance. Chemicals will be checked every 30 minutes thereafter to determine when to reopen.
- Fecal Incidents: Staff will follow CDC guidelines in closing the pool for any fecal incidents - length of closure will depend on type of incident.
Located at the corner of North Quad and A Street, near the Memorial Union.
One Shields Avenue
Davis, CA 95616
From San Francisco
- Take US-101 S via the ramp to Oakland/I-80/San Jose
- Take the exit onto I-80 E toward Oakland (Partial toll road)
- Slight right at CA-113 N (signs for CA-113/Woodland)
- Take the Russell Blvd exit toward Davis
- Turn right at Russell Blvd
- Turn right on Howard Way
- Take I-80 Bus W
- Continue on I-80 W
- Take exit 72B to merge onto Richards Blvd
- Slight right to stay on Richards Blvd
- Turn left at 1st St
- Turn right at B St
- Turn left at Russell Blvd
- Turn Right at Howard Way
Plan to leave extra time to find parking near Hickey Pool.
Nearest parking lots:
- North Entry Parking Structure (best option)
- Parking Lot 15
- Parking Lot 14 (A permits only)
Parking is free before 7am and after 10pm. Visitor pases can be purchased for $9/day and metered parking is available in the North Entry Parking Structure.
Parking is free before 7am and after 5pm. Visitor pases can be purchased for $9/day and metered parking is available in the North Entry Parking Structure.
For any other questions concerning parking, please contact Transportation and Parking Services