The purpose of captains’ meetings is to explain the Rec Sports guidelines, policies, and procedures. They will also cover some basic rules and equipment/uniform requirements for some sports.
Each team entering a Rec Sports activity must appoint a team captain. The captain is the official liaison between the team and the Rec Sports office. The captain must be listed as a member of the team on the official team roster. Specific responsibilities of the captain include, but are not limited to:
- Submit and pass the online Captain's Meeting.
- The link to Captain's Meeting Power point for each sport will be posted below at the beginning of the quarter.
- Each sport will have their own quiz, with questions from both policy questions and the rules of the sport.
- Captains with the Quiz will be provided
- Captains will also lose their ability to protest rule interpretations and player eligibility.
- The quiz is mandatory for some League Sport Captains. It is NOT required for Res Hall teams, but highly recommended.
- Notifying team members of playing rules, playing schedules/schedule changes (often due to weather-related cancellations), eligibility guidelines, and ensuring that their team is in compliance with all Rec Sports policies and procedures.
- Submitting complete and correct team/player information.
- Representing the team in the case of protests.
- Cooperating fully with the Rec Sports staff during all activities in regards to: signing team members to the online roster, lineups, scores, protests, injuries, player ejections, team conduct, spectator conduct, and any other situations that might arise.
- Serving as a leader during all activities by promoting Sportsmanship and by helping to create a positive atmosphere.
- All players who register a singles or doubles team is considered the Captain of that team.
No captain's meeting for this quarter