Studio Use Passes
The Craft Center houses ten different fully-equipped studios where you can pursue your chosen craft. The studios include all of the major equipment you will need, and you can check out additional tools for use in the studios.
Most multi-week classes include a pass to use the studio while classes are not in session. If you are already skilled in a craft and would prefer not to take a class, you can buy a Day Use or Quarter Use Pass to access your respective studio when classes are not in session. These passes require an Orientation for a particular studio.
Please call or email the Craft Center to schedule an orientation appointment with a Studio Manager before you plan to use the studio for the first time. Except for Woodworking and Welding, orientations are free. The Woodworking and Welding studios require a safety review or certification class before first time use. You may register for Woodworking and Welding certification classes as you would for any other class.
A: UCD Student/Campus Recreation (CR) Member
B: Non-UC Davis Student/Non-CR Member
After the fifth week of the quarter, you may purchase a Half-Quarter Pass at a reduced rate. The Ceramics Studio and glass fusing area are not available for Day Use or Half-Quarter Pass holders. If you register for a class that includes a class pass for a studio, you may purchase a quarter pass to use additional studios for 30 percent off the regular price. For more information, see below.
Use Level 1
|Arts and Graphics*, Dye Lab* (dyes not included)||A||B|
|Day Use Pass||FREE||$8 || Enroll|
|Quarter Use Pass||FREE||$40 || Enroll|
|Half-Quarter Pass (After 5th week of the quarter)||FREE||$24 || Enroll|
Use Level 2 (Includes Level 1)
|Sewing*, Weaving 2, Stained Glass*, Matting and Mounting 2||A||B|
|Day Use Pass||$8||$12 || Enroll|
|Quarter Use Pass||$40||$60 || Enroll|
|Half-Quarter Pass (After 5th week of the quarter)||$24||$36 || Enroll|
Use Level 3 (Includes Levels 2 & 1)
|Sandblasting 2, Screen Printing*, Jewelry*||A||B|
|Day Use Pass||$10||$14 || Enroll|
|Quarter Use Pass||$50||$70 || Enroll|
|Half-Quarter Pass (After 5th week of the quarter)||$30||$42 || Enroll|
Use Level 4 (Includes Levels 3, 2 & 1)
|Ceramics (Quarter Use Only)*, Glass Fusing (Quarter Use Only)*, Lampworking*, Photography*, Welding 2, 3, Wood 2, 3||A||B|
|Day Use Pass (Note: no Day Use passes for ceramics or glass fusing)||$14||$23 || Enroll|
|Quarter Use Pass||$70||$115 || Enroll|
|Half-Quarter Pass (After 5th week of the quarter)||$42||$69 || Enroll|
*Studio orientations are required before use. Orientations are not instruction. Those without experience must take a class. New orientations are required if use has lapsed for a year or more. Call to schedule an orientation.
- Lathe requires a separate orientation.
- Class must be taken before first-time use and after lapse of one year or more.
- Minimum age to work in the Craft Center is 18.
- Day Use passes purchased during the first half of the quarter do not apply toward Half-Quarter Pass.
- After purchasing 5 Day Use passes, participants will accumulate "Quarter Use" privileges.
- Day Use passes purchased during the first half of the quarter do not apply towards the half quarter pass.
- Orientations are not instructions. Those without experience must take a class. New orientations are required if use has lapsed for a year or more. Call to obtain orientation schedules.
- New orientations are also required if use has lapsed for a year or more. Call to obtain schedules.
- A safety review is required before use of the welding and wood studios. (Lathe requires an additional, separate orientation.)
- Minimum age to work in any studio is 18.