Who can participate?
- Undergraduate students who have paid full or part-time undergraduate student fees for the current term.
- Graduate and professional who have paid full student fees for the current term.
- University affiliates who have purchased a Campus Recreation membership with a minimum of a 3-month duration
- UC Davis Student Affiliates: UC Davis Extension, Sacramento City College, PELP, IEPP, post-docs, graduate students on filing fee
- UC Davis Faculty and Staff
- UC Davis Alumni
- UC Davis Retirees
- Immediate Family Members: Spouse/Domestic Partner, children 18 and over, siblings, parents
- Community members* who have purchased a Campus Recreation membership (a minimum three-month membership is required.)
*All Community members must purchase a $60 CAAA membership to be eligible to purchase a Community Membership.
Learn more about Campus Recreation membership.
To verify eligibility, the appropriate identification card must be presented prior to each game in order to participate:
Undergraduate students: valid AggieCard/Student ID Card
Graduate and Professional students: valid Aggie Card/Student ID Card
University Affiliates and Community Members: valid CR Card
Each team captain must submit a roster of prospective participants along with each player’s Student ID/CR Membership number during online registration. Each captain is responsible for ensuring the eligibility of their team members.
- "Experienced Athletes" may compete in the sport where they are "experienced" as stipulated in the rules for that activity. The term "experienced" refers to CURRENT Intercollegiate Athletes (ICA) and Club athletes (Club). Professional (Pro) athletes are NOT allowed to participate in our program in their sport. The term "experienced" will expire by June 30 of the current academic year. At this point, the player is no longer considered "experienced" if the player decides to no longer be on an ICA, Club or Pro team.
- The term "current Intercollegiate athlete" refers to any player who is on the roster/coaches' list of an Intercollegiate team (including athletes who are red-shirting).
- The term "Club athlete" refers to any individual who is currently on the roster of a Sport Club team at a four-year institution.
- The term "Professional" refers to any individual who is currently on the roster of a professional or semi-professional team in a sport.
- The "experienced" term only refers to an athlete in their like sport (e.g., Club Soccer player is considered an "experienced" player for Rec Sports Soccer but not for Basketball)
NOTE: Once a participant appears on a current ICA, Club or Pro roster they become an experienced player for that like sport for the entire academic year (Fall, Winter, and Spring). Exception may be considered on a case by case basis
Violation of any eligibility rule(s) will result in:
- Loss of all contest in which the ineligible player(s) participated (participating is defined as checking into the game).
- May result in disqualification of the violator from further Rec Sports participation in that sport.
- A $10 fine for each game in which the player participated.
- Playoffs: During the playoffs, player eligibility must be protested prior to the game or as soon as the ineligible player checks into the game.