The Fee Waiver was created by Campus Recreation and allocates funds each quarter to make recreation and wellness opportunities more affordable. Awards must be used through the rec.ucdavis.edu portal.
Applicants must be current and active UC Davis students. UC Davis Extension students are not eligible. Applicants are allowed to apply for one (1) program at this time. The Fee Waiver applies only to programming and activities, and does not apply to certifications. Submissions are considered on a rolling basis by the Fee Waiver Committee. Applications will close quarterly once all award funds have been exhausted. Once awarded a fee waiver, applicants will have 2 weeks from the awarded date to use the promo code.
How it Works
- Use your UC Davis login at the rec.ucdavis.edu portal to find an activity you want to join
- Submit a complete Fee Waiver Application as soon as possible. Application opens March 4
- Your application is reviewed and you'll be notified of a decision in 7 business days
- Awards are provided as a promo code for use at checkout, and expire 2 weeks after award date
Tips for Success
- Please only apply for one (1) program. We recommend choosing the one you are most interesting in.
- Ensure you meet the requirements (including prerequisites) for your desired activity
- Apply as far in advance as possible – at least two (2) weeks before the activity start date (or as soon as applications open)
- Do not purchase the activity before receiving notification of your application decision – the Fee Waiver functions as a credit/discount toward purchase, not a reimbursement
- Submissions are evaluated on the thoroughness, thoughtfulness, and completeness of all responses in the application. Please use complete sentences.
- Incomplete applications, activities not offered through the rec.ucdavis.edu portal, and requests for certifications will not be reviewed
- Granted waivers do not guarantee a space in the desired activity, so apply early!
- Awards are granted for student-level pricing, and some graduate students may need to pay the difference in pricing