How to Join
To sign up for a membership, please visit the member services desk at the ARC and complete the required forms. For one-time membership payments, use the link below.
Buy a Membership
What to Bring
- UC Davis alumni
- Staff photo ID card, or photo ID plus employment verification (IDOC) form.
- Affiliates (UC Davis Extension students, Sacramento City College students, PELP students, IEPP students, etc.)
- Proof of affiliation and a photo ID. (Sacramento City College students must bring in their student ID card and a current class schedule.)
- Family Members
- Campus Recreation (CR) members must be present when their family members sign up for or renew their membership.
- Both the CR member and their family member must have a photo ID at the time of purchase.
- Family members must show proof of residence (e.g., piece of mail, driver's license with current address).
- Community Members
- Photo ID (i.e. driver's license, state-issued ID, etc.)
We accept credit cards, debit cards, and cash at the member services desk in the ARC. We also offer recurring billing (autopay) via monthly installments or payroll deduction through the business center.
Annual memberships may be purchased via a one-time payment or recurring billing (autopay) in monthly installments. To set up recurring payments, please visit the business center in the ARC during their business hours or the member services desk in the ARC outside of business center operational hours.
Payroll Deduction (UC Davis Faculty/Staff)
Eligible UC Davis faculty and staff members may enroll in payroll deduction for a Campus Recreation membership and a group exercise pass. A 12-month commitment is required for payroll deduction.
- The employee must have a non-student classification.
- The appointment must be 50% time or greater.
- The end date of the appointment must be more than 12 months from the date of purchase.
- When signing up for payroll deduction, provide the following to the member services lead at the time of purchase:
- A valid UC Davis faculty/staff ID
- Appointment letter/I-Doc/departmental letterhead containing full name, university ID number, length of employment (letterhead must be signed by a supervisor).
A completed payroll deduction enrollment form must be submitted at the time of purchase. This form must be received by the first of the month prior to the month in which the deduction will begin. Lockers are no longer offered via payroll deduction. University contracted employees are not eligible for payroll deduction.
Group Exercise Payroll Deduction
UC Davis faculty and staff can also add group exercise passes to their payroll deduction for just $10 per month.
To cancel your membership, please visit the Campus Recreation member services desk at the ARC. Please be sure to bring either your CR membership card or faculty/staff ID card and fill out a cancellation form. See below for additional details.
Canceling Your Annual Membership
You may cancel your membership at any point, however, cancellation does not constitute a refund for the remaining time of your membership.
Refunds are provided on a case-by-case basis and are not guaranteed. Exceptions to our cancellation policy that would guarantee a refund on a prorated basis for the remainder of your membership include: separation from employment, moving 50 miles or more from the facility (documentation required), and/or proof of a documented medical circumstance that will not allow you to utilize the facility. This policy applies to all types of annual memberships, both one-time payment and autopay (recurring memberships).
Canceling Payroll Deduction or Recurring Billing (Autopay)
To cancel payroll deduction and autopay, please visit the member services desk and complete a membership cancellation form.
Payroll deduction and autopay cancellation must be submitted by 5 p.m. on the first Tuesday of the month that you would like your deductions or installments to stop. If your cancellation is not submitted by 5 p.m. on the first Tuesday of the month, your cancellation will go into effect the following month.
Campus Recreation (CR) memberships will be refunded on a prorated basis only under the following circumstances: CR member has separated from employment with the University, CR member will be moving 50 miles or more from the facility (must provide documentation), or CR member has a documented medical circumstance that will not allow them to use the facility.
Please note: all community memberships are non-refundable, as are daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and promotional affiliate memberships.
Campus Recreation and UC Davis are committed to making its programs accessible to persons with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to participate in a program because of a disability, please contact the Campus Recreation Administrative Office at least four weeks prior to the event or activity with information regarding the requested accommodation. The administrative office can be reached by calling 530-752-1730.
For refund and transfer information, please consult our refund policy.