A personal trainer can help you achieve your fitness goals in a defined and effective way. Campus Recreation's certified personal trainers specialize in strength training, cardiovascular training, sport-specific conditioning, functional training, and flexibility. All personal training sessions are 60 minutes in duration. All of Campus Recreation’s personal trainers are certified by a nationally recognized organization, such as the American Council on Exercise (ACE).
Steps to Hire a Personal Trainer
- Purchase a package.
- Choose from more than five different packages depending on your goals. Please visit our website to view these packages.
- Download, print and complete a New Client Packet, or pick one up in the Fitness and Wellness Center.
- Obtain medical clearance if necessary.
- If you answered ‘yes’ to any questions on the PAR-Q or if you have any medical condition or injury that could affect your exercise program, please have your physician complete the attached clearance form. If you are unsure whether or not to obtain clearance, please call Reed Phinisey at 530-754-1048 or stop by the Fitness and Wellness Center.
- Choose a trainer with compatible schedule and interests.
- Please visit our website to view our trainers’ biographies, availabilities and select your personal coach.
- Return New Client Packet to Fitness and Wellness Center.
- Please double check that all forms are filled out completely and accurately and that you have obtained medical clearance if necessary.
- Schedule your initial consultation.
- After verifying that all forms are complete, the Fitness and Wellness Attendant will schedule the first session of your package; this is known as the Initial Consultation. This must be scheduled at least 48 hours in advance.
- Meet with trainer for initial consultation.
- During the initial consultation you will review your goals and discuss what to expect from your personal training experience. Fitness assessments may take place during this time to establish a physiological baseline. This helps the trainer create a highly personalized program. A no show to this (or any) appointment without at least 24 hours advanced notice will result in a forfeited session.
- Book the rest of your training sessions.
- The Fitness and Wellness Attendant will book your training sessions at this time. You may book as many sessions as you have purchased, or book them on an individual basis. All sessions must be booked at least 48 hours in advance.
Personal Training Drop In
PT drop-in is available to all students who which to learn more about personal training, exercise tips, or general exercise questions. No appointment needed, come by the main fitness center to learn more.
Winter 2019 dates:
Monday: 10 AM - noon
Tuesday: noon - 2 PM
Wednesday: 4-6 PM
Thursday: 6-8 PM
* Times may vary
Any questions, comments or concerns can be directed to Joel Paniagua, email@example.com.
You should consider hiring a personal trainer for any of the 7 following reasons
You want a high-quality, individualized workout program
If you have any chronic health conditions, injuries or training goals (running a marathon, for example) a trainer will work with you and your health care provider to plan a safe, efficient program that considers these needs and enables you to reach your health goals. Our trainers are experienced in not just implementing a healthy workout plan but also implementing a new healthy lifestyle.
You need individualized feedback and motivation
One of the main reasons people benefit from a personal trainer is that they lost motivation to stick with a consistent exercise program on their own. Our certified personal trainers can provide structure and accountability, and help you develop a lifestyle that encourages health. Our trainers work with you to develop a workout plan that suits you and your interests.
You are training for a specific event and want to enhance your performance
Many of our clients are training for triathlons, marathons and other special events. Our trainers can work with you and your experience to develop a workout plan that encourages your improvement and progression. One of the hidden components of personal training is goal setting and our trainers can help set goals with you in the beginning and work to meet those goals for an exemplary end result.
You have reached a plateau with your present fitness routine
Lets say you are already in pretty decent shape, but you've been there for years. If you are stuck in the same routine and want to break it, a personal trainer is the perfect solution. A trainer will jump start, not only your motivation, but your routine as well. Our trainers are experienced in many exercises that can be fun and engaging. Exercising is not supposed to be a burden and all of our trainers support a fun and exciting program.
You want to learn how to exercise safely
Our personal trainers watch your form, monitor your vitals and provide objective feedback about your limits and strengths. Most patrons tend to ignore some of the subtle signals our body provides. We either push through pain or give up too soon. Because a personal trainer can watch what you are doing while you are doing it, they can help push you or slow you down as necessary. This beneficial feedback helps keep you safe and keeps your workout beneficial.
You want to learn how to work out at home
Sometimes working out in a large open gym is stressful and nerve-wracking. That anxiety can limit your desire and ability to exercise effectively. Our trainers can teach you portable and mobile exercises that you can take with you on the go. Working out where your comfortable can help break your anxiety and help you stick to a beneficial exercise plan.
You want to meet goals effectively and efficiently
Our certified personal trainers set goals with you in the beginning to help focus your exercise plan on meeting those goals and to stop wasting your time with inefficient workouts. Our personal trainers work with you to help you get maximum results in minimum time.
Buddy Personal Training Packages: Affordable and More Fun With A Friend
Do you have a workout buddy? Are you both feeling like you have hit a plateau or simply need some excitement in your workout routine? Come sign up for Buddy Personal Training! There is nothing more exciting than working out with a friend and trainer. Best of all, the prices are spectacular since you split the cost of the session. The prices cannot be beat! Come in to the Fitness and Wellness Center to sign up today!
*It is asked that clientele represent themselves as having similar goals.