No matter what form of payment you use, you will first need to visit the CR Member Services Desk at the ARC during operational hours in order to sign a waiver and complete some brief paperwork.
Once you have completed the paperwork at the Member Services desk, you can purchase your membership with a debit card, credit card, cash, Payroll Deduction, or Monthly Installments. Some forms of payment require going to our Business Center, which is conveniently located inside the ARC. Check current Business Center hours before coming in, as they differ from ARC hours.
For more information about Payroll Deduction, see Payroll Deduction for UC Davis Faculty/Staff below.
For more information about Monthly Installments, see Annual Memberships below.
For instructions on how to purchase each type of membership, see the next three sections.
University Affiliate Membership
What to Bring
- Alumni/ae (must be graduated UC Davis alum)
- Copy of diploma.
- Staff photo ID card, or photo ID plus IDOC form.
- Affiliates (UC Davis Extension students, Sacramento City College students and faculty/staff, PELP students, IEPP students, and others)
- Proof of affiliation and a photo ID.
- Sacramento City College students must bring in their student ID card and a current class schedule.
- Sacramento City College faculty and staff must bring in their staff ID card.
- Proof of affiliation and a photo ID.
- Family Members
- CR Members must be present when their family members sign up for or renew their membership.
- Both the CR Member and their family member must have photo ID at time of purchase.
- Family member must show proof of residence (e.g., piece of mail, driver's license with current address).
What to Bring
- Current Cal Aggie Alumni Association Membership Card, or credit card used for online purchase of CAAA Membership.
- Must be current CAAA member at time of purchase or renewal.
- Must continue CAAA membership throughout duration of CR Membership.
Campus Rec Passes
- Anyone over 18 can purchase a Day Pass or Week Pass at the CR Member Services Desk at the ARC during operational hours.
- Photo ID and receipt are required for ARC access.
- A Week Pass is for one calendar week.
What to Bring
- Come to the Member Services Desk at the ARC with current student ID card.
What to Bring
- Visit the Member Services Desk at the ARC with your student (on or after July 1, 2015). Student must accompany you and be currently enrolled in classes in order for you to receive a Parent Pass.
- Parent Passes will be available starting July 1, 2015. Parent Passes are only provided during Fall Move-In Week, UCD Parent & Family Day Weekend, and Commencement Weekends.
- Parent passes will grant you free access to the ARC, Hickey Pool and Rec Pool during the specified time.
If you still have questions about how to purchase a CR Membership, please see the additional information below. You may also contact Member Services by calling 530-754-5306 or emailing email@example.com.
You can pay with a credit or debit card at any of our locations, but cash or check is only accepted at the Business Center. In addition, we offer Monthly Installments or Payroll Deduction. (For information about Monthly Installments, see Annual Memberships below. For information about where to go and what to do in order to purchase a membership, see How to Purchase a CR Membership above.)
See below for additional requirements.
You can make a one-time payment to purchase an Annual Membership, or you can pay in Monthly Installments with a Visa or MasterCard. To set up Monthly Installments, visit the Business Center in the ARC during their business hours. You may only pay in Monthly Installments with a Visa or MasterCard credit card.
Payroll Deduction Enrollment
Eligible UC Davis Faculty and Staff members may enroll in payroll deduction for ARC membership, locker service, and Group Exercise classes.
The eligibility requirements for payroll deduction are:
- The employee must have a non-student classification
- The appointment must be 50% time or greater
- The end date of the appointment must be more than 12 months from the date of purchase
- When signing up for payroll deduction provide the following to the Members Services Lead:
- A valid UC-Davis Faculty/Staff ID
- Appointment Letter/I-Doc/Departmental letterhead containing full name, university ID number, length of employment.
- Letterhead must be signed by supervisor
To enroll in payroll deduction a completed payroll deduction enrollment form must be submitted to Campus Recreation. This form must be received by the 1st of the month prior to the month in which the deduction will begin. A 12 month commitment is required for payroll deduction.
Group Exercise Payroll Deduction
UC Davis faculty and staff can also pay for Group Exercise passes through Payroll Deduction. The Group Exercise Payroll Deduction option provides access to all the Group Exercise offerings, including classes in Abs and Core, Resistance and Strength Training, Cycling, and Cardio. The monthly payroll deduction is $8.33. To set up Group Exercise Payroll Deduction, bring your faculty/staff ID card, I-Doc; or a letter that includes the Departmental Letterhead, your full name, University ID number, and length of employment to the Members Services desk, conveniently located in the ARC, during their business hours. University contracted employees are not eligible for payroll deduction.
To cancel your membership, please visit the CR Member Services Desk within the ARC. Please be sure to bring either your CR Membership card or Faculty/Staff ID card and fill out a cancellation form. See below for additional details.
If you cancel your Annual membership prior to the completion of your first year with Campus Recreation, you will be assessed an early termination fee equivalent to $35. Exceptions to the early termination clause include separation from employment, moving 50 miles or more from the facility (documentation required), and/or proof of a documented medical citcumstance that will not allow you to utilize the facility. This policy applies to all types of Annual Memberships, both One-Time Payment and Monthly Installment.
Payroll deduction cancellation must be submitted by 5pm on the first Tuesday of the month that you would like your payroll deduction to stop. If your payroll deduction is not submitted by 5pm on the first Tuesday of the month, your cancellation will go into effect the following month.
To cancel payroll deduction, please visit the CR Member Services desk within the ARC and complete a Membership Cancellation Form denoting your payroll deduction membership.
For more information, please contact the Members Services Lead at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To cancel your monthly installments, please visit the CR Business Center within the ARC. Please be sure to bring either your Campus Recreation Membership card or Faculty/Staff ID card and fill out a cancellation form. See below for additional details.
Campus Recreation (CR) memberships will be refunded on a prorated basis only under the following circumstances: CR member has separated from employment with the University, CR member will be moving 50 miles or more from the facility (must provide documentation), and CR member has a documented medical citcumstance that will not allow them to use the facility.
Please Note: All Community Memberships are non-refundable, as are daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly Affiliate Memberships.
Click here for Campus Recreation and Unions' complete Refund Policies.
Once you have completed the paperwork, if you plan to purchase your membership with a debit card, credit card or Payroll Deduction, you can remain at (or return to) the Member Services Desk. If you plan to pay with cash, check or Monthly Installments, you must purchase your membership at the Business Center, conveniently located inside the ARC. Check current Business Center hours before coming in, as they differ from ARC hours.