How to Purchase a CR Membership

No matter what form of payment you use, you will first need to visit the CR member services desk at the ARC during operational hours in order to sign a waiver and complete some brief paperwork.

Once you have completed the paperwork at the member services desk, you can purchase your membership with a debit card, credit card, cash, payroll deduction, or recurring billing (autopay). Some forms of payment require going to our business center, which is conveniently located inside the ARC. Check current business center hours before coming in, as they differ from ARC hours.

What to Bring

  • Alumni/ae (must be graduated UC Davis alum)
    • Copy of diploma.
  • Faculty/Staff
    • Staff photo ID card, or photo ID plus employment verification (IDOC) form.
  • Affiliates (UC Davis Extension students, Sacramento City College students, PELP students, IEPP students, etc.)
    • Proof of affiliation and a photo ID.
      • Sacramento City College students must bring in their student ID card and a current class schedule.
  • Family Members
    • CR members must be present when their family members sign up for or renew their membership.
    • Both the CR member and their family member must have a photo ID at the time of purchase.
    • Family members must show proof of residence (e.g., piece of mail, driver's license with current address).
  • Community Members
    • Photo ID (i.e. driver's license, state issued ID, etc.)

Campus Rec Passes

  • Anyone over 18 can purchase a day pass or week pass at the CR member services desk at the ARC during operational hours.
  • Photo ID and receipt are required for ARC and Rec Pool access.
  • A week pass is valid for one calendar week from the date of purchase.

Payment Options

You can pay with a credit or debit card at any of our locations, however, cash and check are only accepted at the ARC. In addition, we offer recurring billing (autopay) via monthly installments or payroll deduction.

For information about recurring billing, see annual memberships below. For information about where to go and what to do in order to purchase a membership, see How to Purchase a CR Membership above.

Annual Memberships

You can make a one-time payment to purchase an annual membership or you can pay via recurring billing (autopay) in monthly installments with a Visa or MasterCard. To set up recurring billing monthly, please visit the business center in the ARC during their business hours or the member services desk in the ARC outside of business center operational hours.

Payroll Deduction for UCD Faculty/Staf

Payroll Deduction Enrollment

Eligible UC Davis faculty and staff members may enroll in payroll deduction for a Campus Recreation membership and a group exercise pass. Lockers are no longer offered via payroll deduction.

Eligibility Requirements for Payroll Deduction:

  • The employee must have a non-student classification.
  • The appointment must be 50% time or greater.
  • The end date of the appointment must be more than 12 months from the date of purchase.
  • When signing up for payroll deduction provide the following to the member services lead at the time of purchase:
    • A valid UC Davis faculty/staff ID
    • Appointment letter/I-Doc/departmental letterhead containing full name, university ID number, length of employment.
      • Letterhead must be signed by a supervisor 

To enroll in payroll deduction a completed payroll deduction enrollment form must be submitted to Campus Recreation at the time of purchase. This form must be received by the 1st of the month prior to the month in which the deduction will begin. A 12-month commitment is required for payroll deduction. 

Group Exercise Payroll Deduction

UC Davis faculty and staff can also pay for group exercise passes through payroll deduction. The group exercise payroll deduction option provides access to all the group exercise offerings, including classes in abs and core, resistance and strength training, cycling, and cardio. The monthly payroll deduction is $10. To set up group exercise payroll deduction, bring your faculty/staff ID card, I-Doc; or a letter that includes the departmental letterhead, your full name, university ID number, and length of employment to the member services desk, conveniently located in the ARC, during their business hours. University contracted employees are not eligible for payroll deduction.


To cancel your membership, please visit the CR member services desk within the ARC. Please be sure to bring either your CR membership card or faculty/staff ID card and fill out a cancellation form. See below for additional details.

Annual Memberships

You may cancel your membership at any point, however, cancellation does not constitute a refund for the remaining time of your membership. Refunds are provided on a case-by-case basis and are not guaranteed. Exceptions to our cancellation policy that would guarantee a refund on a prorated basis for the remainder of your membership include separation from employment, moving 50 miles or more from the facility (documentation required), and/or proof of a documented medical circumstance that will not allow you to utilize the facility. This policy applies to all types of annual memberships, both one-time payment and autopay (recurring memberships).

Payroll Deduction & Recurring Billing (Autopay)

Payroll deduction and autopay cancellation must be submitted by 5 p.m. on the first Tuesday of the month that you would like your deductions or installments to stop. If your cancellation is not submitted by 5 p.m. on the first Tuesday of the month, your cancellation will go into effect the following month.

To cancel payroll deduction and autopay, please visit the CR member services desk within the ARC and complete a membership cancellation form denoting your membership.

For more information, please contact the member services team at

Refund Policies

Campus Recreation (CR) memberships will be refunded on a prorated basis only under the following circumstances: CR member has separated from employment with the University, CR member will be moving 50 miles or more from the facility (must provide documentation), or CR member has a documented medical circumstance that will not allow them to use the facility.

Please Note: All community memberships are non-refundable, as are daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and promotional affiliate memberships.

Click here for full information of Campus Recreation refund policies.