The UCDHS Fitness Center is equipped with top of the line cardio, functional, and strength equipment. Equipment includes, but is not limited to: treadmills, stair climbers, elliptical trainers, cardio bicycles, rowers, selectorized weight equipment, power racks, free weights, and functional equipment.
- Men’s and Women’s locker rooms (we allow patrons to self identify)
- Towel service
- Vehicle parking
- Bike parking
Access to the UCDHS Fitness Center Facility
In order to gain access to the fitness and recreation areas of the UCDHS Fitness Center, patrons must meet the following guidelines:
- Students: Medical, Nursing, PA, Part-Time MBA
- Students must present their AggieCard (UC Davis student ID card) to gain access to the fitness and recreation areas of the ARC.
- AggieCard must be valid for the current academic period (i.e., you must be enrolled in classes).
- AggieCard card must in be good condition: without tears, breaks or staples, and with a complete magnetic strip that can be scanned at the front desk check-in.
- UCDHS Fitness Center Members (Affiliates of the Medical Campus)
- Patrons must present their UCDHS Fitness Center membership card or UC Davis faculty/staff ID card (Employee ID Card) to gain access to the fitness and recreation areas.
- UCDHS Fitness Center membership or UC Davis faculty/staff ID card (Employee ID Card) must be valid at the time of use.
- UCDHS Fitness Center membership or UC Davis faculty/staff ID card (Employee ID Card) must in be good condition: without tears, breaks or staples, and with a complete magnetic strip that can be scanned at the front desk check-in.
All members must show valid photo ID to utilize the facility. Students can use their Student ID to gain access. UCDHS Fitness Center members are allowed entrance into the UCDHS Fitness Center twice per quarter without their UCDHS Fitness Center membership card or UCD faculty/staff ID card (Employee ID Card). After these two exceptions to the access policy, members must have their UCDHS Fitness Center membership card or Employee ID Card to enter the fitness and recreation areas, or they must purchase a day pass.
- UCD Medical, Nursing, PA, Part-Time MBA campus students not enrolled in courses
- UCD Faculty/Staff associated with the medical campus
- UCD Medical Residents
- UCD Medical Campus Retirees
- Spouse/Partner of listed options 1–5
Proof of eligibility is up to the discretion of the administration. All members must be 18 years of age or older to purchase a membership.
- One Day Membership: $10.00 (valid access for the date of purchase)
- One Week Membership: $25.00 (valid access for one calendar week from date of purchase)
- One Month Membership: $50.00 (valid access for one calendar month from date of purchase)
- Annual Membership: $200.00 (annual membership from the date of purchase)
How to Sign Up, Purchase, or Renew a UCDHS Fitness Center Membership
Enroll in or renew UCDHS Fitness Center Membership.
- Login or Create an Account at rec.ucdavis.edu
- Select CR Membership
- Choose UCDHS Fitness Center Membership
- Select Duration, Start Date, Add to Cart
- Sign Waiver
- Verify Shopping Cart
- Checkout and Pay
Patrons will receive a confirmation e-mail verifying the transaction. For any patrons that are not UC Davis Students, Faculty, Staff, or Retirees we will supply you with an UCDHS Fitness Center ID Card. Patrons may be asked to take a photo during their first visit to the facility.
Membership purchases must be made with a debit or credit card via our online portal. The computer present at the facility cannot be used to purchase a membership. For more information contact our Facility Supervisors at 530-219-5476 .
Patrons may cancel annual or recurring membership after a three-month minimum commitment. Membership payment and benefits will continue through the end of the month in which the cancellation was requested.
To cancel your membership, please fill out the following link: . If special considerations are needed please call our front desk at 530-219-5476 or email us at UCDHSFitnessCenter@gmail.com.
See below for additional details.
UCDHS Fitness Center memberships will be refunded on a prorated basis only under the following circumstances: patron has separated from employment with the University, patron will be moving 50 miles or more from the facility (must provide documentation), or patron has a documented medical circumstance that will not allow them to use the facility.
Please note: all daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and promotional affiliate memberships are non-refundable. Refunds are only available for annual memberships with a valid reason. Discretion is up to the administration.
Campus Closure Policy
If the university cancels academic classes or closes campus, we will likely cancel all recreational programming and close certain facilities, etc. Efforts will be made to reschedule canceled classes/activities once the campus reopens. No refunds or prorations for memberships or canceled classes/activities will be issued.
Parking at the UCDHS Fitness Center
The parking lot requires a valid parking pass (B permit or eligible equivalent).
Members/violators that deliberately or routinely break policy will be required to provide their information (name and ID card/number) to Campus Recreation staff. Policy violations will be reviewed by facility staff. Appropriate disciplinary actions, including a verbal warning, removal from facility, restricted use of facilities, and loss of membership privileges is up to the discretion of the administration.