Join today, and take advantage of all that Campus Recreation has to offer!
CR memberships are affordable and available to anyone including community members as well as university staff, faculty, alumni and affiliates. For a full list, see our How to Join page. Once you become a CR member, you will enjoy full access to the ARC, a friendly, welcoming, fully-equipped and conveniently located recreation center on the edge of campus (near the Russell Boulevard and La Rue Road intersection in Davis). If you are thinking about becoming a CR member for the first time, please see our Membership Information page to learn of membership fees and additional access requirements.
Current UC Davis students enjoy access to the ARC at no additional charge.
As a Campus Recreation (CR) member, you have access to the region’s premier full-service fitness facility. CR members are able to take full advantage of numerous Campus Recreation benefits including:
Activities & Recreation Center (ARC)
- Full access to the ARC (Activities and Recreation Center) and all of its amenities:
- Free use of the only racquetball/squash courts in Davis.
- Free access to the ARC’s climate-controlled running track.
- Free equipment checkout.
- Low-cost access to the ARC’s 40’ x 29’ climbing wall.
- Low-cost access to our full range of group exercise classes (Zumba, cycling, kickboxing and more).
- Low-cost access to our LiveWell instructional series (progressive fitness instruction in dance, martial arts, small group, ,mind/body, and custom training classes).
- Low-cost access to personal training.
- Low-cost access to the Fit For Life (55+) Wellness Program.
- Full-service Peet's Coffee on site.
- Complimentary admission to the Recreation Pool.
- The renovated aquatic center features an enhanced activity pool, a new competition pool, renovated locker rooms and a sand volleyball court. In the fall, we look forward to hosting new Living Well classes, both on land and in the pool. The facility is fully Wi-Fi enabled and utilizes solar energy to assist with heating.
Eligibility to purchase a Recreational Sports ONE Pass (minimum of a three-month Campus Recreation membership required). The Rec Sports Program offers 38 recreational sports activities, including basketball, soccer, volleyball and flag football and more.
Discounts On a Wide Variety of Additional CR Programming
CR Members are eligible for significantly discounted prices on programming throughout the department of Campus Recreation:
- Craft Center classes and studio access.
- Equestrian Center riding lessons.
- Outdoor Adventures trips, classes, and equipment rental.
- Youth Programs camps, trips, classes, and swim lessons.
- Games Area
- Gunrock Gaming
Under the Reciprocity Agreement, all current UC Davis students and any faculty/staff CR Members (Community Members are not eligible) are entitled to use recreation centers at other UC campuses.
- As students travel around the state over breaks and holidays, they may seek to continue their fitness routines. There is a policy permitting students from any UC campus to use recreational sports facilities at any other UC campus.
- During the academic year, visiting students with valid UC student IDs (for UC Davis students, the AggieCard) plus proof of enrollment (class schedule) will be admitted at no charge to recreational facilities system-wide. At specialty facilities—e.g., aquatic centers, equestrian centers, etc.—the visiting students may participate by paying the standard campus student rate.
- For Summer Sessions, UC students can purchase summer passes as though they were continuing students at the campus they are visiting. A valid UC student ID (for UC Davis students, the AggieCard) will be required to purchase a membership at the host UC.
- At any time of year, faculty/staff CR Members can access any UC recreational sports facility system-wide at no charge. To gain access, faculty/staff CR Members will need to contact the Member Services Coordinator at the ARC (visit the Member Services Desk). Minimum of 48 business hours in advance.
- At specialty facilities—e.g., aquatic centers, equestrian centers, etc.—faculty/staff CR Members may participate by paying the standard campus faculty/staff rate.
- Faculty/staff CR Members who will be spending more than one week at another campus may purchase passes and memberships at the local campus faculty/staff rate.
- UC faculty/staff who are not members of their home recreational facilities (i.e., are not CR Members) are eligible to purchase memberships to other UC recreational facilities at that campus’s faculty/staff rate. Visiting faculty/staff can show their UC faculty/staff ID card (for UC Davis faculty/staff, the AggieCard) as verification of eligibility to purchase a membership.
Contact Member Services via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Member Services desk at (530) 754-5306.
People Love the ARC on Yelp
See what others are saying about the ARC on Yelp.