We invite all UC Davis students and Campus Recreation members to participate in our Aggies At Home Fun Run! This virtual run will feature various distances from 5K to a full marathon and will feature leagues in recreational and competitive levels, with prizes for winners in each category. Participants have from May 4-31 to complete their run and report their time and proof.
- Recreational division: This division is for less experienced individuals who may not have run before or those who want to try to improve their running times. This division is focused on improvement and getting started in the running world.
- Competitive division: The competitive division is for individuals who run frequently, are highly skilled in running, and want the competitive aspect of running.
- Teams: The fun run will also feature a team component for our 10K, half, and full marathon. Members will combine their distances to achieve the total race distance. To be entered into our student org competition (Sport Club, Greek Life, Registered Student Org), your team name must include your club name (e.g. Badminton Club, Theta Chi, Chess Club at UC Davis)
- 5K Recreational
- 5K Competitive
- 10K Recreational
o Option for team of two people
- 10K Competitive
- Half Marathon Recreational
o Up to four members per team
- Half Marathon Competitive
o Up to three members per team
- Full Marathon Recreational
o Up to eight members per team
- Full Marathon Competitive
o Up to five members per team
Once you get to the Fusion IM registration page, you will need to filter for just Spring 2020 by removing Winter and Fall. You can then choose to be part of the Fun Run as an individual and/or in the team competition at your desired distance and competition level.
To register as an individual, select Aggies at Home Fun Run Individual Races, and then select your desired distance and competition level.
To register as the captain of a team, select Aggies at Home Fun Run Team Races, and then select your desired distance and competition level. Then select Register as a Team, enter a team name, and select Yes to become a member of the team.
To register as part of an existing team, select Aggies at Home Fun Run Team Races, and then select your desired distance and competition level. Then select Register as a Player and then select Join a Team to find the team you would like to join.
Note: the free agent function is only used for the team races. It is available for individuals who would like to join an existing team. If there are enough free agents, we may create free agent teams. If you are looking to complete the race on your own, please sign up in the individual competition.
Alongside the Fun Run we are currently doing, we are encouraging participants to complete our
weekly challenges. These challenges are an opportunity to challenge yourself within the Fun Run
itself. Winners of these challenges are eligible to receive prize shirts! Each week we will come
up with new challenges that anyone can compete in and post them on the event page!
Week 3 Challenge (May 18th - May 22nd): Step Count!
This challenge is a fun way to get moving! We are encouraging participants to get as many steps
in as they can this week! The more you move and keep track of your steps, the greater your
chances are to win this challenge.
Take screenshots of your step counts through apps (examples include Apple Health App, Fitbit,
Strava, etc.) and send them to the following email: email@example.com. These
steps do not need to be acquired through running! You can walk to participate in this challenge.
Week 1 Challenge (May 4th - May 8th): Challenge your Friends!
This event is FREE and does not require a Rec Sports ONE Pass.
Tell your friends and register for this fun event. Come As You Are and become an Aggies at Home Fun Run champion!
For questions, email Reed Phinisey.